World Green Organisation (WGO) is an independent non-governmental organisation with an operation of HK$18 million in 2018 with 30 full time staff. WGO is dedicated to enhancing the quality of the environment, promoting a green economy, and improving people’s livelihoods, especially underprivileged groups, through a range of research and community programmes. To cope with its expansion, WGO is inviting passionate individuals of high professional caliber to join its team of experts.
Snapshot of WGO’s accomplishments:
Energy Poverty Program – The first Energy Poverty Program in Hong Kong helped over 400 low-income families in sub-divided flats to reduce their economic burden by cutting down their electricity bills through replacing their electrical appliances with more efficient models and equipping them with energy saving skills. Government officials, WHO representatives and scholars on heat stress paid visits to WGO’s Energy Poverty Lab.
HK’s largest Green Office Scheme (GOALS)established a business network of over 400 offices to improve their workplace sustainability, including the Airport Authority HK, Canon, Cisco, Citibank, DHL Express, Ernst and Young, Fuji Xerox, KPMG, Octopus and so on. Also, established Sustainable Business Awards to recognize the contributions in sustainability of leading corporations.
ESG (Environmental, Social & Governance) Advocacy provided training to 300 CFOs and Accountants on ESG best practice, giving advice on ESG integration – risk management to accounting firm and publicly listed companies; Serving with Chairmanship at the Judging Panel, The Best in ESG Awards of The BDO ESG Awards.
Social Innovation & Impact Assessment attracted over 450 teams of tertiary and secondary students amounting to 2,000 students who channeled their creativity to provide innovative solutions to tackle social and environmental issues, for example, to improve the quality of life of elders with Alzheimer through environmental-friendly and safe home design. Using Social Return on Investment (SROI) to quantify the financial value of waste reduction and social care through surplus vegetable collection programme.
Climate Finance & Sustainable Investment Collaborated with Hong Kong Observatory to organise Climate Change Forum to give the update of IPCC report; Speaking at the United Nations UNDP, UNESCAP Climate Finance Network and events; Jointly organise Climate Finance Conference in Hong Kong with the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (UNESCAP).
Other projects include joint research or forum in collaboration with University of Cambridge as well as other universities in Hong Kong; and poverty alleviation works carried out in Burmese villages. Programmes were reported by CNN, TVB, ATV, RTHK, CR1, Cable TV, Now TV and Phoenix TV.
Project Development Senior Officer/ Officer/ Executive
- Ensure effective implementation and coordination of a range of activities and initiatives, aligning with clients’ projects and requirements, aiming to make positive changes on the environmental protection.
- Coordinate with different project partners, engaging suppliers, contractors and stakeholders.
- Participate in the design of project mechanisms.
- Carry out project monitoring, review, reporting and evaluation based on funding proposal.
- Degree holder in environment or communication with at least 2 years of relevant experience.
- Able to work independently, multi-tasked and result-oriented.
- Good command of both written and spoken English and Chinese.
- Environmental knowledge such as waste management is highly preferred.
- Candidates with less experience will be positioned as Officer or Executive.
- Develop and implement strategies of the Corporate Membership Programme to achieve new members and financial targets set by the Organisation.
- Develop and implement prospecting, acquisition and retention strategies designed to acquire individual/corporate donors who will support WGO’s conservation objectives.
- Prepare fundraising proposals to solicit partnering/funding opportunities among corporate donors and foundation.
- Oversee the production and execution of fundraising events and membership activities.
- Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business Administration or related disciplines.
- At least 4 years relevant working experience, preferably in B2B marketing, corporate relations or fundraising.
- Good command of both written and spoken English and Chinese.
- Excellent presentation, communication and negotiation skills.
- Highly-motivated and proactive with a can-do attitude.
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills and enthusiastic about environmental protection.
Officer, Project Development (Schools)
WGO is currently working with 150 secondary schools to enhance their environmental education awareness. The environmental education provided by WGO range from experiential learning for teachers and students, including on-site waste audits carried out at 20 secondary schools, to field trips to recycling centres and the waste treatment facilities for thousands of students. WGO collaborates with different universities as well as a science-based toy designer to develop STEM training courses to both secondary and primary school students. New innovative renewable energy-related workshops and fieldtrips are also being designed and will be launched shortly.
- Key focus on promoting and introducing WGO’s environmental programmes or related educational courses/workshops to schools
- Develop promotional strategies to increase school participation
- Educational work will be assisted by WGO educational staff
- Build and maintain relationships with Principal, teachers and students
- Provide support to workshops, events and field trips organized by WGO for schools
- Ad-hoc assignment
- Degree holders
- Good selling and presentation skill
- No environmental background is acceptable. Related training will be provided.
- Preferably one or two years work experience
- Familiar with Secondary schools or Primary schools is an advantage
Part-time Project Assistant
- Assist in the promotional and educational activities
- Answer enquiries on the waste management and related issues in Hong Kong
- Perform tracking and general checking on documents
- Assist in project research and analysis
- Perform any other duties as required
- Hour Rate: Negotiable, depending on the nature of projects
- Post-Secondary or above in any discipline
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Team-player, helpful, punctual, reliable, patient
- Well organized, detail oriented
- Willing to learn, able to work independently
- Responsible, self-motivated and mature
We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages in line with market rate to the right candidate. Interested parties please send your CV with present and expected salary to the HR Manager via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
All information received will be used for recruitment purpose only.
If you want to receive information about our future job openings, please click here to subscribe our eNewsletter.