World Green Organisation (WGO) is an independent non-governmental organisation with an operation of HK$14 million in 2017 with 28 full time staff. WGO is dedicated to enhancing the quality of the environment, promoting a green economy, and improving people’s livelihoods, especially underprivileged groups, through a range of research and community programmes. To cope with its expansion, WGO is inviting passionate individuals of high professional caliber to join its team of experts.
Snapshot of WGO’s accomplishments:
Linking Food with Love – Food recycling teams composed of youths, who help collect edible but unsold surplus vegetables from wet markets in order to avoid disposal. This has reduced 7 tonnes of food waste, promote young-elderly integration through vegetable collection, upcycling workshops and redistribute 230 surplus food package to underprivileged families and the elderly.
The “Less Waste Let’s Do it” Program successfully trained up more than 40 youngsters to become 3R Ambassadors through a series of environmental workshops and site visits. The Ambassadors has designed, planned and executed their own green programmes – Exchange Corner, Green Fair, Upcycling Workshops for community, saving the life of near 3,400 second hand items.
The Green Office Program (GOALS) supported near 400 offices in their efforts to improve workplace sustainability, including the Airport Authority HK, DHL Express, Ernst and Young, Fuji Xerox, Octopus, Maxim’s and so on. Qualified companies are entitled to receiving WGO Green Office Label and United Nations Label Certificate.
The Energy Poverty Program helped over 300 low-income families in sub-divided flats to reduce their economic burden by cutting down their electricity bills through replacing their electrical appliances with more efficient models and equipping them with energy saving skills.
Other projects include Climate Change Forum in collaboration with HK Observatory, University of Cambridge as well as other universities in Hong Kong; and poverty alleviation works carried out in Burmese villages. Programmes were reported by CNN, TVB, ATV, RTHK, CR1, Cable TV, Now TV and Phoenix TV.
Project Development Senior Officer/ Officer/ Executive
- Ensure effective implementation and coordination of a range of activities and initiatives, aligning with clients’ projects and requirements, aiming to make positive changes on the environmental protection.
- Coordinate with different project partners, engaging suppliers, contractors and stakeholders.
- Participate in the design of project mechanisms.
- Carry out project monitoring, review, reporting and evaluation based on funding proposal.
- Degree holder in environment or communication with at least 2 years of relevant experience.
- Able to work independently, multi-tasked and result-oriented.
- Good command of both written and spoken English and Chinese.
- Environmental knowledge such as waste management is highly preferred.
- Candidates with less experience will be positioned as Officer or Executive.
Senior Officer/Assistant Manager (Centre-in- charge)
The Green Economy Sharing Centre (“綠色經濟共享中心”) is a new Social
Enterprise run by World Green Organisation (WGO). The Centre, a 700 sq. feet space
located in Sham Shui Po, aims to put into practice a sharing economy by taking
surplus resources from business sector and supporting the needs of vulnerable groups
in Hong Kong at a lower market price.
- Coordinate among different service providers, such as Family Counselor, student volunteers
- Liaison with different suppliers in product donation and delivery arrangement
- Responsible for daily operation following retail operational practice
- Make good use of social media to do promotion of services and product sales
- Social Entrepreneurial training will be offered
- At least 2 years of work experience
- Self-motivated, proactive and work independently
- Good communication skills
Officer, Project Development (Schools)
WGO is currently working with 150 secondary schools to enhance their environmental education awareness. The environmental education provided by WGO range from experiential learning for teachers and students, including on-site waste audits carried out at 20 secondary schools, to field trips to recycling centres and the waste treatment facilities for thousands of students. WGO collaborates with different universities as well as a science-based toy designer to develop STEM training courses to both secondary and primary school students. New innovative renewable energy-related workshops and fieldtrips are also being designed and will be launched shortly.
- Key focus on promoting and introducing WGO’s environmental programmes or related educational courses/workshops to schools
- Develop promotional strategies to increase school participation
- Educational work will be assisted by WGO educational staff
- Build and maintain relationships with Principal, teachers and students
- Provide support to workshops, events and field trips organized by WGO for schools
- Ad-hoc assignment
- Degree holders
- Good selling and presentation skill
- No environmental background is acceptable. Related training will be provided.
- Preferably one or two years work experience
- Familiar with Secondary schools or Primary schools is an advantage
We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages in line with market rate to the right candidate. Interested parties please send your CV with present and expected salary to the HR Manager via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
All information received will be used for recruitment purpose only.
If you want to receive information about our future job openings, please click here to subscribe our eNewsletter.