Are you looking for a new challenge or an opportunity to contribute back to society? Interning at the World Green Organisation (WGO) is a great way to achieve this. Through this internship / overseas volunteer, you can get professional experience in environmental policy advocacy, research and campaigning, marketing communications, or digital media. You will receive training by our staff and be an essential part of WGO numerous projects which include the;
- GOALS Programme
- Great Eagle X WGO Less Waste Let’s Do It – 3R Ambassador Scheme Programme
- Linking Food with Love Project
- Energy Poverty Community Programme
- The Green Heroes – Triathlon Race & Bazaar
- Social Innovation Inventor – Competition for Innovative Design Competition
- Seminar and Forum
WGO’s student internship / overseas volunteer programme is open year-round on a voluntary basis. Through this internship / overseas volunteer, you can increase knowledge and enhance various skills including but not limited to, waste audit, green office audit, policy analysis, and event planning. Whenever possible, students will have the opportunity to work with different projects and gain valuable experience.
Depending on operational needs, student interns will:
- Carry out green audits for companies;
- Assist companies in improving environmental measures in their office;
- Help prepare assessment reports to submit to the United Nations in order to apply for the ‘Better World Company’ label;
- Assist in planning, promotion, and execution of WGO’s 3Rs (Reduce, Reuse, Recycle) community programmes;
- Administer surveys about energy use to energy-poor households;
- Educate households on energy-efficient practices and energy saving tips; and,
- Support other WGO projects, events, and functions.
Interns / Overseas Volunteers we look for:
- Sub-degree / degree holders in any disciplines
- Proficiency in both spoken and written English and Cantonese (*preferred)
- Proficiency in computer literacy (e.g. Microsoft Office)
- Overseas students are welcome to apply
To learn more about our internship / overseas volunteer opportunities, please send your resume to email@example.com.
*Application Deadlines for Specific Internship / Overseas Volunteer Periods:
- Summer internship / overseas volunteer: before end of April every year
- Winter internship / overseas volunteer: before end of November every year
[Personal data provided by applicants will be used strictly for processing internship / overseas volunteer application. Applicants that do not hear from our staff within two week may assume their application was unsuccessful.]
Ray (GOALS Project)
Being a summer intern at WGO was an unforgettable experience for my career. This experience helped me to become more familiar with real work situations. It also gave me an idea about various environmental protection issues in Hong Kong and how important it is to act green in our daily lives.
My internship experience contained a lot of fun activities and experiences which will be useful for my future development. In WGO, I learned a lot working on different projects and gained office work experience and desktop research skills. During the internship, WGO provided several green tours for us. These tours helped broaden my horizons. This internship increased my knowledge of the recycling industry and enhanced my work skills. I am glad to have had a two months’ internship in WGO.
Iris (Research & “Big Picture” Project)
Fion (Project Research)
Working in WGO as an intern was a valuable experience. I learnt more about environmental protection which was very different from my business major. It also gave us opportunities to explore Hong Kong in a different way. We got to see the life of energy poverty households, learned about recycling practices in the recycling industry amongst others. Those experiences are what I treasured the most during this internship.
This internship provided real work experiences for us to learn how to cooperate with other colleagues and achieve different projects’ missions. Doing research and joining different projects in WGO also made me think more about environmental and social issues which are related to our daily life. I gained a lot from this memorable experience.
Chung Wa (Research & “Big Picture” Project)
George (Climate Risk Study)
I have really enjoyed the friendly culture here and am proud of what I was able to accomplish during this short period of time. It was definitely the most rewarding Christmas break I have had.
Education Institution Partners (in alphabetical order):
The Chinese University of Hong Kong
City University of Hong Kong
Hong Kong Baptist University
The Hong Kong Institute of Vocational Education
Hong Kong Shue Yan University
The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
PolyU SPEED – The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
The Open University of Hong Kong
Technological and Higher Education Institution of Hong Kong
The University of Hong Kong